The Ponseti Clubfoot Care Pathway
In order to achieve a world free of clubfoot, Ponseti International is committed to building in-country capacity to deliver the full pathway of clubfoot care. The Pathway includes:
- Identification and raising awareness of clubfoot as a treatable deformity using the Ponseti method as a low-cost, non-surgical approach
- Developing a referral system to an accessible network of clubfoot clinics
- Healthcare provider compliance at each clinic for proper application of the Ponseti method. This includes proper training, mentoring, curricula, clinical standards and guidelines, supplies, equipment, etc.
- Family adherence to treatment protocol as outlined by healthcare providers
- Appropriate follow-up by patient families
- Health system integration and coverage